Saturday, November 1, 2008

Old vs. New

If anyone has been reading the NY Times lately (and I think you have because I've gotten lots of emails), you probably know about their travel story, "36 Hours..."

In October, they featured my neighborhood in Paris, and then exactly one week later they wrote about the town where I grew up. Coincidence? Oh, I think not.

Check it out.

Paris
*I partake in the "Lunchtime Odyssey" that is the Marché aux Enfants Rouge, everyday. It is literally around the corner from my apartment, and I'm in love with the man who makes the crepes.
*I eat at L'as du Fallafel like it's my job. A mere 5 euros for a delicious pita stuffed with so many things that it's always a surprise to discover what's on the bottom.



*I'm sorry, but someone must have paid this writer to make the comparison to ancient Rome. A compliment to TJ for sure.
*Have I not been totally obsessed with the Kluge-Ruhe Aboriginal Art Collection for a reason? It's amazing. Maybe now people will actually go there.

No comments: