Tuesday, November 18, 2008

La Tour Eiffel.

A few of my favorite aunts are visiting this week, so clearly we headed straight for the Eiffel Tower and other such hot spots. Every night, the tower turns blue in celebration of Europe (and the current EU presidency) and then it twinkles every hour on the hour for ten minutes at night.  This twinkling effect is very cool from afar; it is like million shooting stars, a diamond tiara. Not so from the balcony on the top. From there, it seems like I'm at a club with strobe lighting and I've had too much to drink. Or like a thousand alarms are going off, signaling for me to get down. Nice view, but better not to mess with the sparkles.

1 comment:

Allie said...

LOVE IT! It twinkled the week I was in Paris too. So beautiful. WISH I WAS THERE SO BAD!