Sunday, October 26, 2008

Foire International d'Art Contemporain (FIAC)

Treehouse "sculpture" as part of the FIAC outdoor installation in the Tuilleries


My pictures of reflections with Dan Graham (?) metal/glass sculpture






Today I went to FIAC, a massive contemporary art fair (much like the Armory Show, or Art Basel) that consumes Paris for three days. 180 galleries exhibit from 23 different countries, so there's quite a bit to see. Also, there were 20 outdoors sculptures displayed in the Tuilleries...yes, apparently the treehouse counts as a sculptural work of art. I've also included a few highlights from the exhibiting galleries--Lui Ming's "The Family III" (girls with guns); some dancing skeleton legs, and portraits of McCain/Obama. While I was viewing the latter, a dealer was speaking to his client, mentioned that this was an interesting piece because of its relevance in the world right now. 
Uh, I agree.

No comments: